Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

I removed a lot of CC's, since this comment isn't relevant to the rest
of the discussion, really...

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 04:39:47PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
[snip]
> I explained that "Debian GNU/KNetBSD" was actually a separate effort,
> primarily by Robert Millan, to port Debian to a system consisting of
> NetBSD's kernel (thus, 'KNetBSD') and a ported GNU libc, while the other
> effort was aimed at a NetBSD kernel and native NetBSD libc. I did, however,
> say that I (at least) would be happy to try to find a name they found
> equally suitable, for the same reasons, rather than continue to use the
> current one.

Are you saying that we're going to have both a Debian GNU/KNetBSD
distribution, which, since it uses glibc presumably would be able to
use the same binaries as the GNU/Linux architecture for _most_ packages
(please correct me if I'm wrong) _and_ a distribution based on NetBSD's
libc, which would required close to every damn binary to have separate
packages. Thus, given NetBSD's multiplatform support, almost doubling
the size of the Debian archives?!

Madness lies that way.

Yes, choice is good, but sometimes, just sometimes too much choice will
make you choke...

/David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //