Re: OT: Smartcards and Physical Security

Sven Luther dijo [Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 09:04:43PM +0100]:
> > > GPG smart-cards are entering the market.  If GPG is crackable then
> > > we have lost regardless.  If GPG is secure then GPG smart-cards will
> > > do as long as they are not stolen.  Having revokation proceedures
> > > for stolen cards and DD's reliable enough to follow them should deal
> > > with this.
> >
> > 	Laptops with biometric print readers are supposed to be around
> >  the horizon as well.
>
> So let's get one such sponsored for every DD ?

I would ask for an extra one - I don't like to lug my computer around
every day, and I often do Debian-related work either at home or at my
office. I think each DD should at the very least get two such
machines.

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23