mozilla 1.6b with gtk2 and anti-aliasing

Would anyone be able to point me to a deb of the latest
mozilla, 1.6b, configured to use gtk2 and anti-aliased page
rendering?  If not, then I would appreciate any help or
pointer to documentation for compiling 1.6b from source so
as to achieve the desired effect.

The latest mozilla offers a feature that I thought might
never come: NTLM authentication.  I downloaded the Linux
binary from mozilla.org, and I was, for the first time ever,
with the new browser able to access my company's main
internal Web pages without having first to reboot to MS
Windows.  This is very exciting news for me.

Unfortunately, the display of the downloaded browser is
rather ugly.  Neither the widget fonts nor the fonts used
for page rendering were anti-aliased.  I had forgotten how
ugly things were in the old days.

I did download the source code and compile mozilla, but the
configure script failed unless I installed libgtk1.2-dev
and, as I then feared, the resultant binary used the old,
bitmap-font gtk widgets.  No joy.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan   (303) 939-6386   Ball Aerospace, Boulder