Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Cameron Patrick <cameron@patrick.wattle.id.au> writes:
> I seem to recall reading a number of complaints /from users/ in the BTS,
> requesting .desktop files precisely because they are i18nalised.  Others
> have suggested expanding the current Debian menu definition to handle
> i18n.  That, to me, sounds like there must be some kind of benefit to
> individual users to have translated menu items.

Of course, but it's also clear that for many, _many_ people, having
hebrew translations for everything is simply bloat.

I'd think that ideally, there could be some system-wide setting that
specified which languages to support (e.g. `english, french, korean'),
and upon installation, i18nalised files would be filtered to strip out
any `unsupported' languages.  I suppose the default should probably be
to keep all languages.

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge