Re: Accounts on debian.org machines

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> >But an ssh key on removable media is not vulnerable to keysniffing
> >alone, where a password is.
>
> There's no inherent increase in security from using a key on a
> USB device other than the fact that attackers aren't thinking about that
> yet.

Cryptographic smart cards on a USB token seem like the only secure way
to store keys: http://www.datakey.com/products/smartCards/ikey.shtml

Niall Young                                    Chime Communications Pty Ltd
niall@chime.net.au                            Level 6, 263 Adelaide Terrace
Ph: (+61) 08 9213 1330 / 0408 192 797         Perth, Western Australia 6000

    "I was trying to kill a level 5 lumberjack in the MUD I play"
                                        -- Travis Read, August 2003