Re: Need help: Idle X-user?

Dennis Stampfer <seppy@debian.org> writes:

> timeoutd loggs user out when they reached timeout-restrictions like max.
> login-time, max. idle-time, etc.
>
> Is there any way to querry how long a X-user is idle?

You might look at the xscreensaver driver source; the basic answer is
"yes, about four of them, none of which are guaranteed to be there".

> If not, do you think it's okay to write something like "IDLE-Logout
> does not work with X" into Readme.Debian and into the
> config-file(,manpage, ...)?

IMHO the README.Debian file and package description should be
sufficient.  Mentioning it in the man page wouldn't hurt; I think
splattering it in the config file is going a bit far.

	-- Abra Mitchell