Re: kernel-patch-acl

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:59, Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> wrote:
> > This problem has already bitten several skilled Debian developers at
> > various times.  Given the problems that are caused for such skilled
> > people as a result of this I hate to imagine the consequences for typical
> > users!
>
> But typical users wont be building custom kernels with ACL patches, will
> they? :)

No.  But such kernels can be obtained in many other ways.

For example a user who has dual-boot Fedora and Debian and who uses Arjan's
2.6 packages will have ACLs enabled in Fedora.  All they need to do is mount
the Debian root fs and set an ACL or XATTR, or experiment with SE Linux and
they will no longer be dual-booting, they will be unable to boot Debian.