Re: [RFC] adding system users: which is the best way??
- To: Debian Devel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [RFC] adding system users: which is the best way??
- From: Anthony DeRobertis <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:22:20 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20031130172908.GB15113@molehole.dyndns.org>
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20031130020735.GW23960@marvin.sbg.palfrader.org> <20031130144222.GA4970@cerberus> <20031130144919.GB14443@marvin.sbg.palfrader.org> <3FCA0B8D.email@example.com> <20031130172908.GB15113@molehole.dyndns.org>
On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 12:29, Steve Greenland wrote:
> I think the idea of a namespace for usernames used by packages is a good
> idea, but rather than "debian-", we should take this to the LSB folk, so
> that we can get it done once.
As long as the LSB allocates an area for distribution-created names, to
be used at the distribution's discretion, that's a very good idea.
If they want to create separate namespaces for LSB names and maybe
third-party vendor names, too, that's fine.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part