Re: The term "Custom Debian Distribution" (Was Re: [custom] The term "flavor" and encouraging work on Debian)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, cobaco wrote:

> hm, I've added a definition to the wiki:
>
>   A Custom Debian Distribution (CDD) is a version of Debian that is tailored
I do not like the term "version".  I'd prefer a "subset of Debian".  You
get a CDD together with main but you get a helping hand to cope with the
sheer mass.
>   for a particular situation/target group out-of-the-box.
>
>   Any changes necessary to Debian to support this particular situation/target
>   group arge merged back into Debian whenever possible, improving Debian as a
>   whole.
There are no changes to Debian, because CDDs reside completely in
main / testing /unstable as any other package.

Kind regards

            Andreas.