Re: Backport of the integer overflow in the brk system call

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:46:45PM +0000, Geoff Richards wrote:

> South of where?

USA.  North Carolina.  Not South Carolina.  Remember that.

Redhat is in North Carolina.  <joke> I always wonder if those
mascara-wearing Cure-listening long-haired Linux skater punks ever get
into trouble out in those Redneck bars.  There's poofter places around
but it's kind of hard to avoid trouble indefinitely.

I learned you need to wear big shit-kicking boots and they ignore you.
If you're openly "superior", trouble always follows.  You got klansmen,
constructions, crackheads, iterant workers, and marines.

SC is worse.  Tennessee is worse still.  And North Florida they'll leave
your ass in the swamp.

> As far as security goes, we have to take 'dangerous' to mean
> exactly that, diminutive or not.  But if it didn't look like
> a vulnerability then we can't blame anyone for missing it.

Yeah, it was purely a misreading on what he said, no need to pile on
*that* guy.  But blame or not if a real showstopper gets out in future,
it's not good!