Re: A case study of a new user turned off debian

> Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:
> The low hanging fruit here would be to have APT keep packages you had
> installed yourself in the cache rather than immediately discarding them as
> soon as they're upgraded.

This seems to be the case for me. Or perhaps I'm mistaken. Or perhaps I
changed a config file somewhere. The reason I think this is that I run
apt-move regularly (often after a dist-upgrade but sometimes after a
couple of dist-upgrades) to build my local mirror. It has to then go and
(optionally) delete the old package versions - which might be totally
unrelated to apt cache. I like apt-move a lot simple to use. Very
similar to apt-get, apt-cache, etc. Although it only supports one distro
(like unstable, testing, stable) not two or all three. I think the next
version will support multiple though.

cheers
zen

--