Re: configuring lilo on package installation

You can normalize the image name by prefixing with something like "vmlinuz-"
and the run liloconfig that updates lilo.conf with the images found.

If you, for instance, call the image "vmlinuz-poweroff", liloconfig will
add the following:

image=/boot/vmlinuz-poweroff
        label=poweroff
        read-only

You can take a look at the get_images function on /usr/sbin/liloconfig
(line 248 in the current version).

You can, obviously, customize this script.