Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, guenter geiger wrote:

> > Why?
> > Any piece of free software might be able to include into Debian.
>
> Thats true, but integrating Knoppix into Debian basically boils down
> to rewriting it, because it violates Debian policy in too many cases.
> Actually I think it would be worth the effort to do that.
I have no problem if it is necessary to rewrite it should be done.
I might add that Klaus Knopper has no problems to exchange the
auto detection library etc if it is necessary (for instance to
support more architectures - imagine booting a zSeries from your
Knoppix ;-)) ).

Kind regards

             Andreas.