Re: First pass all buildds before entering unstable

Am 19.11.03 um 07:42:18 schrieb Andreas Tille:
>    After each buildd was able to build a package the whole
>    set with all architectures enters unstable at once.

Yeah, cool. That would get rid of many buggy packages. And many clean
ones. Some buildd are horribly behind time. No offence meant, it's not
necessarily sloppy maintainers, rather it's slow computers and extremely
complex packages.

Take workrave, for instance. Perfectly stable, as far as I can tell. Not
built recently on m68k (because of libgnomeuimm2.0-dev), not built on
alpha for a very long time (same reason). It's not in testing, which is
bad enough, with your idea only ancient versions would be in unstable.

Don't get me wrong. I actually quite like the thought. It just won't
work. Perhaps limit it to "when it's built for i386, powerpc, hppa and
arm". (That's were I got all my architecture-dependent bugs from, and
they are all quite current.)

Bye,
    Mike

--