Question about shlibs.local, bug in dpkg-cross?

Hi,

I have a short question about the debian/shlibs.local syntax. I understand
that the first field gives the lobrary name, the second the so version and
the third the package to depend on. In the sources of apt the third field
is omitted for some entries (the shlibs.local* files are created dynamically,
so you see them after a build only).

So question: what does it mean if the third field is omitted? I guess
'no dependency', which makes sense, because the libs are part of the package
itself. Is this correct?

Okay, if so, I can report a bug to dpkg-cross, which does not do parse it
like that correctly.

Greetings,
Oliver

--