Re: MIPS port backlog, autobuilder machines and some arrogance

Op ma 17-11-2003, om 09:58 schreef Anthony Towns:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 01:17:36AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > 4) People are volunteering to administer MIPS buildds.
>
> From what I've seen people are volunteering to *provide* MIPS buildds,
> as long as someone else administers them.

Not quite. Ingo is volunteering to provide a MIPS buildd, but since he's
not a Debian Developer, he can't handle its logs. Thus, he's asked me,
the person currently handling the logs of 'arrakis', his m68k Amiga
which has been running as a buildd since early 2001, whether I would be
willing to handle his MIPS buildd. I have no problem doing so; indeed,
I'd love to expand my work outside of m68k. Since I've been handling
buildd logs since halfway 2001, I'd say I'm qualified.

However, In reply to a mail I sent to debian-admin@l.d.o, requesting
access to the mips wanna-build database and to add the machine to the
incoming.d.o ACL, Ryan said he'd prefer to remain the only person in
charge of the mips buildd.

>  Running a buildd for Debian
> requires more knowledge than just booting a machine, doing an install,
> pointing wanna-build at auric and crossing your fingers.

Sure; that's why nobody's suggesting that.

--
Wouter Verhelst
If you're running Microsoft Windows, either scan your computer on