Re: radiusd-freeradius history and future

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 01:24:32PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20031112131902.GA27143@keitarou.bubblesworth.net>,
> Paul Hampson <Paul.Hampson@anu.edu.au> wrote:
> >Cistron begat FreeRADIUS. FreeRADIUS is certainly actively maintained
> >upstream.  xtRADIUS is also begat of Cistron. I'd assumed that Cistron
> >is dead upstream too, and xtRADIUS active.
>
> Cistron radius is not dead. It's just in maintenance mode - only
> bugfixes will be made, no major new functionality. That's what
> freeradius is for.

I apologise, and now feel fully justified in using the past tense of
'assume'. :-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.