Re: Removal of LaTeX2HTML from main

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 04:06:02PM +0100, Roland Stigge wrote:

> working on the legal issues for LaTeX2HTML [1], at debian-legal [2], we
> concluded that LaTeX2HTML will have to be removed from main because it
  [...]
> With /usr/bin/latex2html substituted, many packages render bad results
> or even FTBFS because of several reasons:
  [...]
> As the maintainer of one of the aforementioned packages you have the
> choice between the following options (exclusively):
  [...]
> * Build-Depend on hevea or hyperlatex if you figure out that one of
>   these alternatives are better than TeX4ht (htlatex)

Please consider using hevea as a replacement of latex2html. It is
currently used (by the respective upstream authors) to produce
html versions of the manual of OCaml and GNU Prolog.

I don't know what the special features of latex2html are, but
if you tell me what special needs you have I can try to check
if it can be done with hevea.

-Ralf.