Re: rename linux-kernel-headers to system-headers

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 10:45:24PM -0600, Graham Wilson wrote:

> > > I second that, or perhaps libc6-linux-headers.
> >
> > If the package would have been named "libc6-linux-headers" to show its
> > strong relationship with libc6 I had never started this thread. I'm not
> > a fan of renaming but in this case IMO it seems to be appropriate.
>
> But then the package would have to be changed for a new SONAME. And I
> don't see any benefits of using libc6-linux-headers, as opposed to
> libc-linux-headers.

Would the package libc6 not have to be changed in the same way? So the
work would have to be done for part of the system. libc6-* would be more
consistent with libc6 (although I have little objection to libc-*, as it
is still a great deal clearer than the present situation)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/