Re: Debconf Templates Style Guide

Scripsit Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>

> Of course it would, and I would never recommend doing so.

So instead you're recommending an approach that forces the user to
choose *before* reconfiguring between
 a) not being told what the maintainer thought was a sensible default
 b) not being told how he has currently configured the package

I don't see why that would help anyone.

> No, you don't.  You just need a command line option to dpkg-reconfigure
> which says to forget the current/previous configuration.

Which is not terribly helpful to a user who wants to make an informed
choice *between* the safe default and his own prior customizations.

--
Henning Makholm                              "En tapper tinsoldat. En dame i
                                         spagat. Du er en lykkelig mand ..."