Re: cpufreqd: different config file for kernel 2.4 and 2.6

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:17:47AM +0100, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> Any complex configuration file created and tested for my two home
> systems will resonably be meaningless for anybody not owning the same
> system, thus the user should really write his own configuration based
> on his needs and processor capabilities. that's all.

Maybe the solution then is to ship with cpufreqd off by default. I think
ISC's dhcpd also does the same thing. That way, the user is forced to
configure the daemon in order to start it.

This of course isn't the easiest way of doing things, but it works.

--
gram