Re: status of Progeny projects

On Oct 26, 2003, at 19:10, Adam Heath wrote:

But those rpms that follow a cross-distribution standard should be installable
by dpkg-rpm.

This sounds like dpkg-rpm would be a fairly simple shell script to run alien then dpkg. I'm not sure what that really gains.

I guess if it were optimized into one step, it'd gain a little time, but I think that'd be a premature optimization. We don't worry too much about how long postinst takes, either... and we still repeatedly run ldconfig, after all!