Re: Debian bugs belong to the Debian BTS

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 19:26, Duncan Findlay wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:42:09AM +0200, Christian Surchi wrote:
> > Il mer, 2003-10-22 alle 22:38, Riku Voipio ha scritto:
> > > This is ludicrous. There is no advantage to anyone if obvious
> > > upstream issues pass through debian BTS. Packaging bugs
> > > to debian BTS, upstream bugs to upstream BTS. If unsure,
> > > to debian BTS.
> >
> > No, upstream bugs are bugs in Debian too. There's no reason to "hide"
> > them.
>
> I know this is different from the given situation, but the question is
> just as valid...
>
> Is it OK to ask submitters to file wishlist bugs for new features with
> upstream? As maintainer of spamassassin, I have generally closed bugs
> for new rule requests (asking users to submit upstream), simply
> because the number of new rule requests could get to be quite massive;
> these requests clutter the BTS, and generally aren't worth the effort
> to forward to upstream bugzilla. (If someone created a nice script to
> automagically forward Debian bugs to an upstream bugzilla, I would be
> greatful.) These bugs aren't problems with Debian but requests for
> improving SpamAssassin, and as a result I feel that I should not be
> held responsible for forwarding upstream (especially in large
> numbers).

As a user of the Debian GNU/Linux system I much prefer to interface with
a single Bug Tracking System.  I can't stand Bugzilla (as I don't want
to invest the time to learn how to manipulate it).  I would much rather
submit even wishlist items via Debian BTS.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Was I helpful?  Let others know: