Re: faster boot

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 06:57, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> However, if you read the paper in http://people.d.o/~hmh, and implement the
> demultiplexer, we could probably modify one of the above methods to work
> well, while we implement ours...

After hearing your talk about init systems at debconf and reading your
paper, I switched an embedded machine from using busybox init to
simpleinit from util-linux, which supports 'need', 'provide', etc. It
reduced the 70s boot time by approximately 10s.

This is potentially an even bigger win on a machine with more than a
RAM-based filesystem.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

My weblog doesn't detail my personal life: http://me.woot.net