Re: Re: Where are we now? (Was: Bits from the RM)

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:14:25PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > And as aptitude is kinda useable it might
> >well replace dselect as the recommended method.
>
> Please don't do this yet, since dselect is still more self-documenting,
> and therefore easier for new people to use.  :-P

Easier for new people to use?!?

/me rolls off chair laughing.

I sincerely hope the ":-P" means you are using sarcasm.

dselect was the reason I stayed away from Debian for 3 years! Every
casual installation I made got as far as dselect and I sat there going
"wtf is this?" And I was the type that I was rolling my own RPM files
for our local network. It was only after enough people around me were
seriously using Debian that I finally grit my teeth and waded through.

--
chris jantzen kb7rnl =->         __O
Insert witty comment here.     _`\<,_