Re: updating a deb

Hi all,
   I'm now playing with deb files, and had a nice day making my first
deb, and my local repository...
Just a problem: if I update the deb (correct the problem, dch -i, and
again dpkg-buildpackage), simple apt-get update doesn't work, I need to
purge it before...
it's like it consider all files as conffiles!

what have i to do, to update pippo_1.0-1.deb into a pippo_1.0-2.deb so
that I don't have to do
"dpkg -P pippo" before reinstall ?

edit debian/changelog.

SOLVED

Thank you,
   that was what I did with "dch -i"...
what happened is that using dselect I couldn't see properly what was happening (asked me nothing, while doing "apt-get upgrade" I was asked of

Configuration file `/etc/logs/php/eth2'
==> File on system created by you or by a script.
==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
  What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
   Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
   N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
     D     : show the differences between the versions
     Z     : background this process to examine the situation
The default action is to keep your current version.
*** eth2 (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?

so, the package system is thinking that eth2 is a configuration file... so if I cancel it, or modify, it isn't updated! the problem was that any file in /etc directory is considered as conffile, I suppose, because changing it in /var all worked right.
thank you,
   filippo