Re: Horrific new levels of changelog abuse

Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> a tapoté :

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Totally equivalent when we're discussing about closure messages sent
> >> to -done.
> >
> > A message to -done means nothing to anyone except the bug submitter.  The
> > three seconds I spend writing a useful changelog entry make it useful to me,
> > the submitter, and anyone else interested.
>
> You're still not getting my argument.

> We already have a much better criterion for what debian/changelog
> should include that does not depend on unrelated events like bug
> filing/analysis/closure.  That criterion is to document each and
> every Debian change in debian/changelog.
>
> Using bug closure as a criterion for debian/changelog annotation
> is inferior for two reasons:

If you consider that the changelog should not document the bugs,
I suppose that you also think that changelog should not be used  to
close bugs.

Well, in this case it seems consistent and it's your problem.

Pretty easy, isn't it?

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: