Re: kernel-source == Linux or Hurd or ???

#include <hallo.h>
* martin f krafft [Mon, Sep 22 2003, 08:03:18PM]:

> This is a good point. Debian makes an effort to be kernel
> independent, so why does the kernel-source install Linux?
>
> I think we should rename to linux-kernel-source, linux-kernel-image
> and so on...

Good point. The idea is not new and there have been discussions about
new kernel naming strategy (including module packages names,
installation method etc. pp.). If you wish to participiate that
discussion, add your comments to:

http://debian.linuxwiki.de/DebianKernel/Plan

But be warned, this is only planning for the future development
direction now.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Takt ist, wenn man's genau betrachtet, eine Art von Hellseherei.
		-- S. O. Jewett