Re: Horrific new levels of changelog abuse

Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> writes:

> Why a bug wa gixed is obvious, because it was a bug.

> - XXX does nt delete temp file
> - Fixed in new upstream release

> I mean, hell this is not hard to understand.

That's great if I knew what the bug was.  You seem to be assuming that the
only people who are interested in the resolution of a bug are the
submitter and people who regularly read the bug database for that package.
I may well have been encountering the same temp file problem and had just
not gotten around to reporting it.

This seems like a lot of argument over avoiding putting six more words
into the changelog file giving information that the maintainer clearly
already has (since otherwise they wouldn't know that they could close the
bug), and which is obviously useful for users.