Re: Virus emails

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 10:54:11AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> >     Even better, install exiscan-acl and clamav.
>
> Cool. It looks like this will detect SPAM and viruses at the
> SMTP level (something that unfortunately is currently missing
> from the postfix solution using amavisd-new).

Let's be fair and point out that it's not just a Postfix solution, it's for
any other MTA using amavisd-new (including Exim, I used it in the past).

Also, I hear that the body_checks (later renamed to mime_something_checks
IIRC) variables can be used to accomplish a similar effect with Postfix.

> Are they are plans to get this patch included into future
> releases of exim?

It's in exim4-daemon-heavy already (including the woody backport), and will
move to -light if it turns out to be as reliable as the code in Exim proper.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.