debirror users: All your commandlines belong to me

Hi,

any people not wasting bandwith by keeping a debian mirror on their
laptop can tune out now. :)

For anyone left: How do you use debmirror? What archs, dists and
sections are you mirroring and whats your requirements? Please send me
a short mail with what you mirror. The actual commandline used would
be enough, feature wishes (like only mirror essential/base packages
for installs) are welcome too.

I have rewritten most of debmirror now in an effort to clean up the
codebase and aid flexibility of the actual download method used. I'm
now doing the configuration part, which will drastically change
compared to the current commandline way.

I'm leaning towards an apt style config of the following form:

- mirror some binary-arch debs
deb-i386      ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main main/debian-installer
deb-alpha     ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main
deb-i386      ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main

- mirror sources
deb-src       ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main contrib

- mirror some plain dir
deb-dir       ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc

- special subsets of a full mirror, e.g. for binary and build bootstraping
deb-base      ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main
deb-base-src  ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main
deb-build     ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main
deb-build-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main

The last 4 lines would create new subdirs and generate subset
Packages/Sources files from the original files containing only the
needed packages and mirror those. A debian mirror for debian-installer
work can then be maintained small, fast and easy.

For configuring I was thinking of writing some debconf files, creating
its own user when installed, with crontab files and the works. Or/and
using something similar to apt-setup to pick out one of the official
mirrors and create the config file.

Ideas, thoughts, wishes, complaints? Let me know before I hammer it
into stone.

MfG
        Goswin