csound and extract binary conflict

csound contains a helper executable called extract. Apparently
/usr/bin/extract conflicts with the package extract. [1]  Are there any
guidelines on how to rename a binary in a situation like this, so that
csound users can figure out what the new non-conflicting binary is
called?

As an aside, I am not a DD (yet) and apparently I do not get bug reports
mailed to me directly even though I am listed as the maintainer for the
package; the bug reports go to my sponsor. I have signed up on the PTS
now, but is this normal behavior for the BTS?

1. Bug #205918

--
 Hans Fugal                 | De gustibus non disputandum est.
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg