Re: /etc/shells management

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:57:13AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:
> > test -n and -z exist for a reason, even if one has to come up with
> > pretty dodgy mnemonics for remembering them.
>
>   -n   Nonzero size string
>   -z   Zero size string
>
> Dodgy mnemonics?  I find them very mnemonic!

Pretty close to mine.  I think "non-null" and "zero-length".  I always
felt that was sort of silly, though, since "n" can also be short for
"null".

Your mnemonic is an improvement.  Hopefully this will increase adoption
of -n/-z tests in Debian maintainer scripts.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If you have the slightest bit of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     intellectual integrity you cannot