Re: debian menu system and capital letters

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 04:10:20PM +0100, Jason Chambers wrote:

> You can get the case ignored when ordering by adding the following
> to /etc/menu-methods/menu.h.
>
> sort=tolower($title)
>
> Then run update-menus to regenerate them.

I've had a play around with this, and found that putting a custom menu.h
in ~/.menu-methods works for a user. However, I then need to keep
up-to-date copies of anything from /etc/menu-methods/ in this directory
too, if I want a menu generated. Is it currently impossible to override
some, but not all of the /etc/menu-methods folder, on a user-by-user
basis?

Thanks for your help,

--
Jon Dowland