Re: installer for non-free packages in contrib

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:35:45AM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> I did not noticed clear answer about my proposal about the non-free
> software installer in contrib.

It might help if you posted a summary of the thread.

> Would it be acceptable to fill a bug against each installer that do
> not build a proper debian package when installing non-free software?

Not until after the summary has been evaluated.

> If so, which severity is appropriate? I do not think that the issue is
> so trivial, so I do not think it can be considered as only a wish.

When in doubt, use severity "normal", and let the package maintainer
decide which severity might be more appropriate.

But do no filing at all on this issue until after a consensus has been
reached on this mailing list.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Yesterday upon the stair,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       I met a man who wasn't there.