Re: [Fwd: False Representation at Google.com]

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Ava Driscoll wrote:

> [...]

That email was sent by a virus.  This virus is really nasty.

On an infected host, it looks at the email address book, any emails
sent/received, then picks random From and To addresses, and uses those in the
headers of the mails it sends.

So, while the mail itself wasn't actually sent by you, and your machine may
not actually be infected, it looks like it did.

There is not a whole lot that can be done about this.