Re: Removal of the old version of horde and imp.

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 08:16:38AM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> I have a question for you. I'm the maintainer of horde and imp.
> These two packages have been superseeded by horde2, imp3 and turba.

> What I want your opinion on is if I should still keep this old
> (and buggy and unsupported upstream) horde and imp software inside
> Debian? The later versions is a LOT better but on the other hand
> not trivial to upgrade from imp(2) and horde(1) that I maintain.

> Should we keep it, or should it be removed from the archives?

Packages are frequently removed from the archive without any clear,
automatic upgrade path for users.  However, I would feel better about
recommending this in horde's case if imp3 didn't currently have an RC
bug against it.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer