Re: /var/run and scripts

Matt Zimmerman:

noexec /tmp and /var/tmp seem to create far more problems than they solve.

I've run with /tmp set to noexec for quite some time on some machines, and it tend to work quite well. The only thing that seems to fail occasionally is debconf, despite that I point TMPDIR to a directory that is executable.

But those machines all run stable, so it might have been fixed since.

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

 I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.