SAL

Hello,

How would this do as a mass RFP :)

http://sal.kachinatech.com/

SAL (Scientific Applications on Linux) is a collection of information
and links to software that will be of interest to scientists and
engineers. The broad coverage of Linux applications will also benefit
the whole Linux/Unix community. There are currently 3,070 entries in SAL

Most of the software is not GPL, but about a half is and can be
packaged. I never thougt that Linux has THAT many scientific progs that
are not in Debian jet. :)

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org