Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.1-1 (i386 source)

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:31:29AM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> Fine. Then don't close them with the Debian changelog at all; instead,
> use nnnn-done@bugs.d.o, with an explanation that it is fixed in
> such-and-such a version. The changelog bug closing facility is only a
> convenience.

I'm confused.  We have three cases:

1. Close bug #12345 directly (12345-done), noting the version that fixed it.
2. Note in the changelog that bug #12345 is fixed; the bug receives a
notification of the version that fixed it.
3. Note in the changelog that bug #12345, "ls --crash crashes", is
fixed; the bug receives a notification of the version that fixed it.

#3 is obviously ideal, if the maintainer has time; no debate there.

However, you're saying that #1 is preferable to #2.  Why?  It seems to
have no disadvantage to #1, with the added advantages that I can check
which version fixed bug #12345 without hitting the network (since it's
documented in the changelog), and saves developer time.  What am I missing?

--
Glenn Maynard