Re: DebToo: Debian, Gentoo-style

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 01:14:41PM -0700, Chris de Vidal wrote:
> Volunteers needed!
> http://debtoo.org

    You get Debian's benefits, like their stellar package
    management, with *completely* optional optimization.

I would be interested in a source-based system that is focused on
convenience and flexibility, not optimization.  When I can pick a
package in aptitude and have it download and compile the source, not
a binary package.  When source dependencies are managed as well as
binary dependencies.  When I can make patches and have them
automatically merged when I upgrade.

So far, apt-src is the best thing I know about, but it's not
intergrated into the rest of the system, which limits its
usefulness.

Andrew