Re: Snort: Mass Bug Closing

Quoting Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org):

> > That's for Martin Schulze (Joey - Stable Release Manager) and/or the security
> > team to decide; not ftpmaster.
> A quick scan of those bugs doesn't reveal anything which looks like a
> security vulnerability, so this would seem to be purely an
> SRM/proposed-updates issue.

The package in stable was never replaced. An advisory was given out
containing links to my stable packages. It never hit stable's security
updates, so the package in stable still is vulnerable, if one installs
it.

The bugs were probably closed by uploading the fixed versions of the
package to unstable.

Sander.