Re: Hungarian DDTP on the Xth B'day

Hello all,

On behalf of our group, let me express our thanks towards Nicolas that he came
to our party - it was an excellent opportunity for us to get to know such a
dedicated person! We are glad that he considers his stay a good time. ;)

Yes, unfortunately Gluck was down for almost the whole two days long so we lost
some time until we could locally build an environment that enabled us to translate.

One of the solutions we had was that we borrowed the world-wide famous
OpenOffice translation web interface (developed by some of our Hungarian
fellows, so we didn't have a too hard job) and took the latest Packages.gz as
the basis for the translations.

In the meantime Nicolas was working hard to start a local DDTS so that we could
use also his client (ddtc) and finally we were able to use that one also.

Since we worked offline, we will first have to upload all the translations - I'm
planning to use ddtc as a perfect tool for that purpose. We are of course
expecting collisions with the existing "live" database on the DDTS but we will
handle those. (The person in charge for that will be Attila SZERVÁC "sas", the
new Hungarian coordinator for the DDTP. He was the project manager also for this
Debian X Party and did an excellent job.)

In the longer run we will probably merge the two utilities to get a web-based
translation system that relies heavily on ddtc and its features.

We hope that on our next DDTP party we will have such a system in our hands.
Of course we will share it will you all as well.

Again - thank you, Nicolas!
Finally: long live Debian! :)

Regards,

Csan and the AHLU Debian Group

Quoting Nicolas Bertolissio <nico.bertol@free.fr>:

> Hi all,
>
> The main goal of this party was to translate Debian package descriptions.
> Unfortunately Gluck, where the ddts server is, was down quite a long
> time and installing a local server was not so easy as it was the first
> time I did this.  The local server was up only a few minutes before Gluck
> come back.
>
> Anyway, this experience let me find a bug in the server and so was quite
> interresting.
>

> I would like to thanks everyone at Budapest for the good time I spend
> there for the Debian 10th birthday last week-end.
>

> Regards
>

> Nicolas Bertolissio
> --

Csan  alias  Janos Holanyi
Debian Group leader - Association of Hungarian Linux Users
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 82CBB661