Re: FTBFS: architecture all packages

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:57:53PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> > Have you ever built kde-i18n? When I last NMUed it it took something
> > like nine hours for my laptop to build it, and my laptop isn't all
> > *that* wimpy.
>
> Not surprising given its a ~650 MB sources. Unpacking and packaing
> alone will take hours on m68k I guess.
>
> But an idle buildd is idel so no harm in him building it. On the other
> hand you downloading 200 MB and uploading 400 MB with a 38400 modem
> would realy hurt. Well not you but someone only having a 38400
> connect.

Build package on debian machine with fast connection by accessing
with ssh.  Then copy 2 small files (dsc, changes) to the local machine
and sign.  Copy back them and upload.  You do not need to upload rom
your local machine.

So your bandwidth is not key issue here.

(I have ADSL connection and I admit I do things locally.)

Osamu