Re: Debian Weekly News - August 19th, 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:17:04AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>:
> > On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 12:18:10PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > > We musn't let the bigots decide for us! ;-)
> >
> > Thanks for excusing yourself from the discussion thus.
>
> Where has you sense of humour gone?

Not to a land where accusations of bigotry are recognized as humor.

> More seriously, I do not consider that documentation is software
> and this is the reason why I don't know how to reply to you
> survey:

I guess you can select the 4th option in Part 1.  If none of the first 3
options reasonably approximate your opinion, then you should have no
trouble marking option 4.

> is this another way to exclude people from discussions?

No.  It's a way to assess whether the "silent majority" arguments raised
by a few loud people on debian-legal, claiming that most people don't
really believe that the GNU FDL needs to satisfy the DFSG, are the real
consensus view.

Judging by the survey results so far, that claim would appear to be
signfificantly mistaken.

> I cannot imagine it wasn't deliberate.

The message was written and sent deliberately; I cannot help you with
regard to what you're reading between the lines.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I must confess to being surprised
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    by the magnitude of incompatibility