Re: KDE 3.1.3 from unstable...

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 12:48:28PM +0100, Hamish Marson wrote:
> I realise that running unstable I'm kind of sailing close to the wind,
> and don't want to put anyones back up, but kpackage really seems to be
> somewhat challenged when trying to install the latest KDE updates that
> are in unstable... Perhaps unstable should extend to 'it may
> beinstallable or not' as well as the stability of the software (Although
> I don't find many really big problems in it usually).

It already does extend to that: dependency problems are exactly the
problem with unstable a lot of the time. Testing filters most of those
problems out.

> However... trying to install the latest kde updates (3.1.3-1 while I
> currently have 3.1.2-1 installed),  Which I really want, because I'd
> like konqueror to be usable... It's OK. but still has far too many pages
> it won't render... Better than stable though)... And the latest is it
> can't install because libvorbis0 isn't apparently there... Argh! What's
> the use of having a packaging system if we're getting into the RPM hell
> that I left redhat for...
>
> Anyone know where I can get an apt blessed version of libvorbis0? Or am
> I just missing a package URL in apt?

I don't know the details here, but libvorbis0 is now libvorbis0a. I'd
suggest that you start by tracking down what still depends on
libvorbis0: as far as I can see the only culprit in unstable is
libsnack2, which doesn't seem related to KDE.

Cheers,