Re: Bits from the RM

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Anthony Towns wrote:

> If by "dpkg 2.0" you mean "rewritten dpkg and dpkg-dev", it doesn't. There
> is no chance that a package management system that hasn't seen the light
> of day, let alone reached beta test, will be ready for release in four
> months, let alone one.

Just dpkg-deb, and dpkg-source.  No other major changes are planned.

The complex code in dpkg/dselect will just be interfaced to the new libary
code.

However, as I've been thinking, I'd rather take more time, and get more
features in, then rush to have it completed in one month.

> If by "dpkg 2.0" you mean "1.10.11" (ie, minor changes from 1.10.10 only),
> then I'm not sure why you're asking.

So, I guess I'm looking for people who'd like to work on dpkg 1.10, and fix
the > important bugs it has.