Re: Looking for Ian Zimmerman <itz@speakeasy.org>

Martin Michlmayr dijo [Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 06:41:52PM +1000]:
> Someome pointed out that Ian Zimmerman's email address bounced.  I
> confirmed this, and sent e-mail to an alternative address but that
> bounces as well.  Does anyone know how to contact him?  If we cannot
> find him in the near future, I see myself forced to orphan his
> 4 packages packages.

From his 4 packages (cost, grafix, which and xcolorsel), the first two
and the last are already up for adoption (bugs 169555, 169556 and
169557). In xcolorsel he was asked if he wanted to really orphan the
packages or just get a co-maintainer, and he says he can still be listed
as the maintainer.  The other two bug reports went unanswered.

Cost was last uploaded in April 2002, grafix in September 2001, which in
March 2003 and xcolorsel in March 2002.

He did not state he wanted to leave 'which' too when he filed his bugs -
I think that if he is unresponsive, at least the three other packages
should be listed as orphaned. About which... Well, I did not really test
it, but it claims basically to enhance debianutils' /usr/bin/which -
Does it still enhance it? Has debianutils reached which's functionality?

Also, note that his packages are not buggy - xcolorsel has one
outstanding bug, but the other ones have no open bugs - so we cannot
really say he is a bad maintainer :)

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366