Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 04:53:57PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

 > Thats why its so damn near impossible to get any base packages fixed
 > via sponsor. People don't dare touch essential or important packages
 > risking their neck for something some NM dared to patch.

 "Risking their neck"? WTH are you talking about? The minute I make a
 mistake when uploading an essential package, that's the minute I have
 screwed up with thousands of systems all around the world.  I don't
 give a rat's ass if my inbox is flooded with flames, but I'd care about
 the fact that I would have wasted the time of people with real jobs to
 do.

 This is hardly about bravado.  It's about common sense.

 > >  In short: make a source package available, post to -mentors or -qa
 > >  or -devel asking for a sponsor.
 >
 > I did make it available and I asked on -devel. Still no use.

 Gee... I wonder why?

[14 master:~] zcat ~debian/lists/debian-devel/debian-devel.200*.gz |
grepmail -Y From -i -e Goswin | grepmail -Y Subject -i -e sponsor |
grep ^Subject
Subject: Re: making sponsorship easier and make (love && (!war))
[15 master:~]

--