Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

On 14 Aug 2003 10:04:18 +0200
Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a crazy idea about when/how to allow co-maintainers for
> packages and this probably becomes one big flamewar. But here we go:

You call that a crazy idea, how about this one ;)

I dont think there are any technical steps we can take to overcome
social problems, the best we can do is agree to disagree, so....

If two groups inside debian are split on how to manage a package let
them fork the package and have both instances in the archive, and they
can both manage it in their own way.

This wouldnt work within debian, i just mention it for the hell of it.

Glenn